8.31.2010

Don't touch my hair!!!


Since young, I hate going to hair saloons because my mom will tell the jie jie who used to cut my hair to chop it off real short, like really really short, boy hair in exact. All my "hard-kept" hair length will be gone in few seconds once I was dragged into the saloon. And you guessed it correctly, I'll cry after those hair cuts, hahaha. So the cycle goes on and on throughout my childhood:

grow hair -> *unwillingly* being dragged to the saloon -> cut hair -> super short hair -> cried -> grow hair -> *unwillingly* being dragged to the saloon.....

As I grew older, I finally got the "authority" to take care of my own hair. I happily explored coloring, highlighting, straightening and perming. Sometimes even adventurously tried out the wrong hairstyle T.T It was all good, except the fact that my natural hair texture is very fine, so whatever chemicals that I placed on my hair needed double effort on treatment repair. Likewise, whatever in-trend hairstyle that I've requested needed triple effort on styling. Ahh... those were the hazardous days.
 
Until two years ago, I stopped coloring my hair; One year ago, I got so sicked with hair saloons services that the frequency of me visiting one decreased drastically. I also started sticking to Asience hair product since then. 

Half year ago, I began to cut my own fringe with only TV knowledge from 女人我最大 and head knowledge observing my hairstylist from the past. The first 2 times were not very successful, but as I adventurously chop off more, I finally got what I wanted. And then I moved on to cutting the rest of my hair, trimmed them to the same length. 

So now I may have my time, money, as well as disappointment saved. Well, not to say that I do not have any disappointment cutting my own hair, but the exploration part weights heavier.

Having said that, I'm no professional yet. The best I can cut is still fringe, and the reasons of why I can easily cut my own hair without much training are because (1) my hair texture is very fine, remember? (2) I'm only cutting them to the same length, no layers or other dramas.


My essential hair-cut tools :)


Okay, my hair story hasn't end yet, haha. 

As I'd like to take full care of my hair like a mother wants to quit her job just to look after her little ones, I chose to self-color my hair. Was searching up and down for a reliable coloring product until I found Liese. Looked at its super tempting box design, I was instantly sold~

Girls being girls :P But really, Liese is from Japan, and we all know that majority of the Japanese products are good stuffs.


So, here, the outcome.

The root area is of lighter ash brown while the lower part is of darker ash. Not too bad for a first timer.



p/s: I'd still like to ask help from the saloon when it comes to curling *big time killer arggggg* / big occasions / when I am ready for a new change :)

5 comments:

  1. Wah. Ure reallly "MACAM YES LIKE THAT" wor.

    Ey.. why not you learn how to trim my hair too then I can save up a lot wey..oh and colour my hair as well.

    Ure the 2nd person i knw that does their hair on their own.. the one is Alexis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ JYJL: yes, my korean bf :P

    @ Leonard: I will for sure charge you, muahaha, not like you care about this small money la rite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I get a haircut from you? I want to save $$ from saloon too :D I pay you rm5! xD Great isn't it? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meng gor: I haven't got the chance to explore on guys yet, you wanna be the first white mice? ngek ngek

    ReplyDelete