10.20.2010

Don't judge a shoe by its cover

Then how to buy shoe?
To be honest, I've been asking this question for the longest time *role eyes*

Whatever shoes I bought, 8 out of 10 of them will bite me. Better still, the remaining 2 which don't bite are slippers. Sigh. That's why I don't fancy buying shoes. And that's why most of the time I'll be seen in the same pair.

However, shoe being shoe, they will get teared apart someday. Especially when you do distance walking everyday, like me. So, a few pairs of comfy shoes of mine have been ripped off their base ever since working life started.

I couldn't explain how panicked (more like.. pain in heart) I was seeing them got broken one by one. Part of me feeling broken-hearted, another part of me was worried what if I cannot discover other comfy shoes? Am I going to allow my feet to be bitten every single day? wear slipper throughout all occasion? store up plasters at all time? or just walk with my bare feet? 

I was so desperate for another pair of comfy shoe that I walked from office to Pavillion, to Isetan, to Sungai Wang after work, hoping to find my feet another good carrier. 

Guess what, I found none. But because I was so desperate, I settled for a I'd-give-it-a-try-shoe from Vincee. The shoe wasn't exactly comfy, but it is made out of good leather (reasonable pricing too). I tried it on and did some walking around the shop. It was all good, except that its back part has some rubber thing attached so that particular part was a little tight.


Looked all angelic and decent, I was so convinced to buy it. In fact, I actually did.


That was my BIGGEST mistake!!!!! It bites It bites!!!!

After walking for 10minutes from the LRT to my office, I ended up with 2 dissimilar Doremon plasters and a sinked heart T.T

Oh gosh.. now I can only pray for my cotton crocs (yes, the one being accidentally ran into a pool of rain water) to survive longer.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand how you feel. My shoes bit me as well. I have a love hate relationship with flats. But its a neccesity for work since I have to walk to work like you. If you find Novo in msia, try out their flats. I got a pair of flat from Novo and it serves me well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Janica: sadly, I don't see Novo in Malaysia :( most probably gonna get Crocs by this week, my feet are screaming for help lol.. Really not easy being woman, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete